[REPORT] HttpComponents

Asankha C. Perera

  - The Apache HttpComponents project is responsible for creating and
    maintaining a toolset of low-level Java components focused on HTTP and
    associated protocols

## Issues:
  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:

  - The HttpClient 5.0 alpha 2 release introduces HTTP/2 support
  - We are about to update the minimum JRE level for the HttpClient to
1.8 for
    all version 5.x artifacts, and have asked for feedback from users

## Health report:

  - Overall the project remains active. Although established in late 2007
    the project remains stable and active as seen by JIRA and Emails.
  - The number of emails could be seen as low, but it is stable like the
state
    of the project, and we still have interested people joining into the
    dev list hoping to contribute.

## PMC changes:

  - Currently 9 PMC members.
  - Last PMC addition was Michael Osipov on Mon Aug 24 2015

## Committer base changes:

  - Currently 18 committers.
  - Last committer addition was Julian Sedding at Fri Sep 30 2016

## Releases:

  - HttpComponents Core 5.0 alpha3 was released on May 2 2017
  - HttpClient 5.0-alpha2 was released on Thu May 11 2017

## JIRA activity:

Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, https://www.adroitlogic.com

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com